Fair Prep Week
The NW Discovery Lab is providing 20 hours of lab usage for 4-H to prepare for the fair! Hosted by the Discovery 4-H Club.
July 24th to 28th, 1pm to 5pm each day
Volunteers and supplies are needed to prepare our kids for an outstanding year at the Jefferson County Fair!
Contact Discovery 4-H Club leader Danell Swim Mackey if you have supplies to donate, or can assist with an activity: email@example.com
Volunteers needed to assist kids with:
- LEGO Creations
- Pencil drawing
- Painting on canvas (watercolor, acrylic or tempura paints)
- Junkdrawer Robotics
- Project Posters
- Sewing (superhero capes, masks, etc)
- 4-H Posters
- Record books
- Photograph mounting
Fair prep days are open to all 4-H members from all clubs, groups, or programs.
FAIR PREP SCHEDULE
We will take advantage of the meeting rooms at the NW Discovery Lab to coordinate two activities per day.
Monday, July 24th.
- Sewing of Superhero stuff! (May also sew fair entry items) – Rachael
- Pencil drawing – Danell
Tuesday, July 25th.
- Creating photography backdrops for the photo booth – Jeni Banks
Wednesday, July 26th.
- LEGO and/or Rokenbok Engineering Tasks –
- Clay sculptures – Danell Mackey
Thursday, July 27th.
- Prepping Photos for the 4-H and Fine Arts Buildings – Danell Mackey
- Help with 4-H Presentations (after 2pm) – Tanya Barnett
- Painting on canvas – Rachael
Friday, July 28th.
- Project Posters
Donations of materials are appreciated:
- Colored pencils
- Acrylic paints
- Watercolor paints
- Poster board
- Matte boards (matboard)
- Glue (school glue, glue sticks, super glue, etc)
- 3×5″ index cards
All fair prep days will be at the NW Discovery Lab, located in the Cape George area of Port Townsend (approximately 12 minutes from PT or Chimacum).
NW Discovery Lab
62A Tanglewood Lane
Port Townsend WA